Thursday, October 11, 2018

the loincloth was a ruse

one of my favorite parts about being a tour guide is the “sussing”.  for example, today i had to get an ayurvedic massage to make sure it was up to snuff for my yogis. (i always feel like i’m getting away with something.)

parvati, my massage therapist, was a good head shorter than i am. the wooden table came up to her chest (nothing in this country is cushy). she laid out a loincloth for me on said table, and left me to figure out how to put it on. not sure what it’s purpose was though :: we started out face up, then face down (whereupon she took the loincloth off) then side-lying, then face up again. she later stood there and watched me bathe. i think this has happened to me before, so it was oddly not unsettling. 

all these idiosyncrasies aside, i don’t think i’d come back to this place or send any of my yogis there - the steam bath smelled like mold, the shirodhara oil wasn’t warm (that’s actually important), and i could just see they were cutting lots of little corners. so maybe i did take one for the team. 

meeting parvati though was well worth it though, i’d take that little mini home in my pocket if i could 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment